Product Reaction Cards
Product Reaction Cards can be used to help gain feedback on the desirability of a design (this method is great for testing the creative direction of a project by conducting the exercise on mood boards).
How to do it
Present your participants with the image or collection of images you would like feedback on and the list of 118 words. Give them a few moments to familiarize themselves before moving on.
Ask the participants to select the 3 to 5 words from the list of words that they feel best describe the design or collection of images they are viewing.
- Personally I recommend writing each word on an A5 card and sticking them on the wall or on a separate whiteboard. I find that if the participants are on their feet and interacting as they go through the exercise, i.e. physically pulling the words from the wall, it makes it easier for them to collaborate.
- Using Wordle is a great way to present your results in a graphical way and it's free.
- The image or images you want to test
- A5 cards, use one card for each word (see "Tips")
- Blu-Tack (or similar) to stick the cards to a wall